TonightStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanessa's GM App (:

5 posters

Go down

Should i be a GM?

Vanessa's GM App (: I_vote_lcap55%Vanessa's GM App (: I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
Vanessa's GM App (: I_vote_lcap45%Vanessa's GM App (: I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Vanessa's GM App (: Empty Vanessa's GM App (:

Post by Vanessa Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:05 pm

In-Game Name: Vanessa

Name: Vanessa

Location/Time zone: British Columbia / PST

Describe yourself (personality wise): I’m intelligent, outgoing and fun to be around. I can make friends easily and I respect the environment, others and most importantly, myself. I’m also hard working and I don’t give up. I always finish the job I started.

Email (If any): you can contact me by PM or in Game (IGN Vanessa)

MSN (If any):

How active are you in game? in forums?: I am very active. I play about 4-6 hours a day. I’ll go on the forums whenever I’m playing and some times when I’m not busy.

How long have you been with TonightStory?: I’ve played Tonight Story since the beginning and the whole time Infamous story was up. Also, i played for about one month on PinkMS before the crash and then it changed to InFamous.

What do you think you can contribute to this server?: I can contribute a lot. I have lots of stories and experience collected over the years, that I could share with InFamous. Also I bring my own unique personality to the game. I can help make InFamous much more amazing by contributing my own events and npcs I’ve seen over my mapling years. Also I can contribute in rebuilding Tonight Story from the hacker.

Why are you applying for GM?: I am applying for GM because I would like to learn how to become a successful GM. Also I would like to appreciate even more what our GM do for us (the players) so we have a wonderful gaming experience. And to help make TonightStory an even better place.

Have you had any previous GM experience? Where and for how long?: No, sadly I haven’t been a GM before. But why not start with the best private server?

What is your method for hunting for hackers? Even though I’ve never been a GM, I can learn the best way to hunt for hackers, but my method I’ve developed is to go in hide mode, and visit maps hackers often visit. Also when someone smegas ‘____ is hacking’ I will go to him/her immediately. Also, I would type !cheaters and go check up on them.

how often do you think you should hunt for hackers?: I think hunting for hackers is very important for the safety and enjoyment of players and the server so I would say every half hour or so.

How would you handle a hacker?: first of all, I would create a topic on the forums saying ‘banned by Vanessa’ then if I find a hacker, I will ban them immediately once I know for sure they are hacking. Once they are banned, I will put their name on the topic and the hacker will be able to look on the forums to see why they were banned. This will create a possibility for a ban appeal.

If 2 people are arguing over SMEGA how would you handle it?: first of all, I would warp both of them to a private place to hopefully encourage them to stop the spam of smegas.. Then I’ll talk to them very gently and encouraging. After a conversation, I’ll ask them to apologize. Even if it’s only one person’s fault, I’ll still ask both of them to apologize.

If a player were to call you a "fail GM" how would you respond to that? or how would you retaliate?: if would warp to them, and ask ‘how and why did I fail’ and ask for an explanation. If they cannot provide an explanation, I’ll tell them nicely please don’t tell anyone they failed unless you have an explanation. And if they do have one, I’ll listen carefully and then I’ll reflect on what I did or said. Then I’ll try not to do it again so I can improve as a GM.

as a GM what do you feel is more important for YOURSELF? Having fun or Keeping the server organized and clean?: I think it is important to balance things. Therefore, having fun and keeping the server organized and clean should be equal. I personally think it is possible to have fun while keeping the server organized and clean. But if something urgent happens, I will say it is much more important to keep the server clean and tidy. Because if it’s not clean and tidy, it is impossible to have fun.

Why should we choose you?: I think you should choose me because I have a great personality and I’m very respectful. I will also bring my own unique collections of ideas and stories. Also I’ve studied from the best coder I’ve met (Randy) and I’m trying to learn how to code. I’ve been successful in creating my first NPC script with the help of Randy and isee.(thanks guys for the help! I’m very grateful for that.) also believe I can contribute in making Tonight Story an even better Private Server than Infamous MS.

Why shouldn't we choose you?: nobody is perfect. Not even Randy. And especially not me. I’m not saying you shouldn’t choose me, but I do have my own faults. I don’t like to be disturbed when I’m doing something( talking to someone for example) unless it’s very important. Also I don’t have too patient a temper. If something is bothering me, I try to remember that conversation is much better than confrontation. But sometimes I forget.

Extra info you feel is necessary: I said Tonight Story is the best private server, but I did not state why. I think it’s the best private server because I haven’t encountered any huge problems, nor any wipes. Other private servers had wipes every week or so because nobody followed the rules and it crashed. Also, the GMs in Tonight story is very friendly and active. They help us out a lot and I appreciate that a lot.. And the players are super nice and help out the new players (sometimes even the old ones) and I see a very tightly knitted community.
Vanessa
Vanessa

Back to top Go down

Vanessa's GM App (: Empty Re: Vanessa's GM App (:

Post by [Owned] Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:32 pm

lol good luck!

[Owned]

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanessa Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Who voted no? :S
i wonder why they don't think i should be a GM?
Vanessa
Vanessa

Back to top Go down

Post by [Owned] Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:53 pm

i dident i voted yes

[Owned]

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:46 am

Me 2 ;D
David